Mon Visage takes your privacy and personal data very seriously and will only use your data for providing the services and treatments you have requested.
Who we are
Our website address is: www.monvisage.co.uk.
How your data is collected
We obtain information about you when you:
- complete a client consultation form prior to treatment at the salon.
- purchase a product
- use our website
- send us an email
- call us on the telephone
- send us information through the post.
- contact us via social media – You may contact us via Facebook messenger or other social networks.
What personal data do we collect
In the Salon for treatments
When you arrive at the salon for your appointment we will ask you to complete a client record card.
We require the following personal details from you prior to providing treatment.
- Your full name
- Date of birth
- Your Address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Medical history including operations, diseases, disorders
- Medical history is crucial to allow us to perform our treatments safely and adhere to the terms of our insurance.
- Allergies – To ensure nothing we use during a treatment or around you at the salon can cause you harm, irritation or any other complications and to adhere to the terms of our insurance.
- Medication – Some medication can be a contraindication to treatment or react with products we use. It is essential we know details to protect you the client and adhere to our insurance terms.
- Patch test – This is a skin test we carry out in the salon to test for potential allergic reactions to certain treatments. We keep this on file so we know you are able to have that treatment and in the event of a reaction we know what was used and when.
- Treatment history
- Your Consent – We require you to read and sign a paragraph that allows us to obtain this information lawfully from you and legally store it in accordance with GDPR.
- Your Contact preferences – If you wish to be on a our mailing lists you must opt in to receive news of special offers.
- Your consent to use treatments photos. Sometimes we like to use these on social media and need your permission to do so.
- Your signature – To prove it was you that was present in the salon and that you answered all of the above to the best of your knowledge and honestly and you agree to Mon Visage holding your data.
Information relating to any purchases you make of our services including name, address, email address and telephone number
Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our services, such as email and sms notifications and/or newsletters including name and email address and telephone number
On the Website
Information relating to your use of the site such as searches you undertake, IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- Help you navigate our website or online products
- Personalize and provide a more convenient experience to you
- Analyze which pages you visit, which features you are using in our technical solutions, and which consumer privacy tools you use
- Provide features such as social sharing widgets and videos
- Measure advertising and promotional effectiveness
- Assess which areas of our site you visit
What are cookies? Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors or use the cookie control system if available upon their first visit.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION USED?
Your information will be used to:
- Provide any treatments and services you have requested from Mon Visage
- notify you of relevant changes to our services
- To send booking confirmations, reminders as well as monthly newsletters and special offers.
- Seek your feedback on the services we provide
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you for legitimate business purposes
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure all data collected. We comply with, and safeguard, your rights under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
Your data is stored in both a digital and paper format. Paper copies of consultation forms are stored securely and only I have access to.
Digital information is stored online within secure cloud software and is password protected.
Only Mon Visage has access.
We will advise you at the first reasonable opportunity of any security breach in the unlikely event that your personal information is compromised.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
In order to continue to provide the client with the best service possible we need these records to see exactly what treatments were performed, reactions, likes, dislikes, patch tests, products used etc.
Mon Visage DOES NOT sell or share your personal data with anyone. No other third party has any client personal data.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
For more information, please visit the ICO website.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us and we will try to respond to all legitimate requests within a timely fashion.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights).
16 OR UNDER?
If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Downloads & Media Files
Any downloadable documents, files or media made available on this website are provided to users at their own risk. While all precautions have been undertaken to ensure only genuine downloads are available users are advised to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
We accept no responsibility for third party downloads and downloads provided by external third party websites and advise users to verify their authenticity using third party antivirus software or similar applications.
Social Media Policy & Usage
We adopt a Social Media Policy to ensure our business and our staff conduct themselves accordingly online. While we may have official profiles on social media platforms users are advised to verify authenticity of such profiles before engaging with, or sharing information with such profiles. We will never ask for user passwords or personal details on social media platforms. Users are advised to conduct themselves appropriately when engaging with us on social media.
There may be instances where our website features social sharing buttons, which help share web content directly from web pages to the respective social media platforms. You use social sharing buttons at your own discretion and accept that doing so may publish content to your social media profile feed or page. You can find further information about some social media privacy and usage policies in the resources section below.
Resources & Further Information
- Overview of the GDPR – General Data Protection Regulation: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr